Search the catalog and request books and other materials from Nucla Public Library.
The library features collections of fiction and non fiction books for adults, teens, and children. We do our best to keep the latest and best seller works of many favorite authors. Check out our New Book shelf at the library. We also have audiobooks, videos, and a wide range of magazine subscriptions available for checkout. New materials are ordered about every two months. If you cannot find an item in our collection or would like to request an item for purchase, please let us know. Interlibrary loan and purchase requests can be made at the library or submitted online.
Getting a Library Card
A library card is all you need to borrow materials from the Nucla Public Library. It’s free and available to all residents of Montrose and San Miguel counties. Visit the library for an application. A photo ID, and name, phone number, current mailing address are required. Patrons under the age of 15 will need a parent or guardian to accompany them and provide their identification. Library cards are good for two years or one year for patrons ages 0-14. Come into the library to renew your library card.
Borrowing & Returning Materials
- Library materials may be borrowed for two weeks, with a limit of 3 books and 5 videos checked out on a patron’s card at any one time. This ensures fair access is given to all users of the library.
- Return items inside the library at the circulation desk or in the drop box in front of the library when the building is closed.
- Fines for overdue items are 10¢ a day/per item. After 2 weeks patrons will be contacted by phone or e-mail and continual lateness may result in loss of library privileges.
- Please notify the librarian about lost items and understand that there will be a replacement charge.
Didn’t Find It?
- Did you know books can be borrowed from other library systems for your use? Nucla Public Library participates in SWIFT, an interlibrary loan and courier service provided free of charge by the Colorado State Library. More than 300 public, academic, school, and special libraries from across Colorado are SWIFT members, which means greater access to books and other library materials for Nucla cardholders. Submit an Interlibrary Loan/Purchase Request and we’ll do our best to borrow the item for you.
- Need details for your interlibrary loan or purchase request? Search Worldcat.org to find books and other materials in libraries worldwide.
Links to Libraries in Southwest Colorado and Statewide
- Colorado Library Directory (public, academic, school, special, and institutional libraries)
- Montrose Regional Library District
- Wilkinson Public Library (Telluride)
- Ouray Public Library
- Colorado Mesa University Tomlinson Library
- Colorado Talking Book Library – A free service to Coloradans of all ages who are unable to read standard print material due to visual, physical or learning disabilities. CTBL provides audio, Braille, and large-print books and magazines.